Have fun at the famous Golden Triangle
Although the main thing to do in the Golden Triangle is shopping and savouring its nightlife, you can also indulge is some cultural activities like watching performances both local and international, and maybe even try your hand at batik painting. Several five-star hotels in this district are starting to offer spa treatments, albeit in urban confines. You’ll also find Malaysia’s largest indoor theme park here.
- Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, Petronas Twin Towers, KLCC – The home of the well-regarded Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra is nestled at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers, offering performances of classical music most Saturdays at 8:30 PM and Sundays at 3:00 PM, with tickets starting at just RM25. Advance bookings are possible online. Note that a strict dress code applies: long sleeve batik or lounge suit for gala and evening performances, “smart casual” (no jeans, shorts, T-shirts, sneakers and slippers) for other performances.
- Saloma Theatre Restaurant, 139, Malaysian Tourism Centre, Jalan Ampang. Tel: +60-3-21610122. Fax: +60-3-21629122 – Yes, its does have a manufactured, dinner-entertainment quality to it but this may be your only opportunity to see the full colour and splendour of Malaysian cultural performances. Shows are held between 20:30 and 21:30.
- Cosmo’s World, 4th to 9th Floor, Berjaya Times Square (Monorail Imbi). Noon-10PM. Malaysia’s largest indoor theme park, located on the upper floors of the giant Berjaya Times Square mall and particularly notable for its hair-raising seven-story indoor roller coaster. The park is divided into two sections, one geared for small children, the other for those who want a little more excitement; one ticket gets you into both. Adults(Foreigner;RM38 on weekday, RM43 on weekend and holiday , Children(Foreigner;RM28 on weekday, RM33 on weekend and holiday.
Arts and craft
- Karyaneka, Jalan Conlay, off Jalan Raja Chulan – A government-set up which showcases Malaysian art and craft. You can get the chance to dabble at batik painting or basket weaving here.
- Pamper Zone, Unit 6-8-2 Plaza 393 Queen Park Ave. Starhill Gallery, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Tel. +603 9287-3933 – An impressive cluster of spas whose services offerings range from world class, all day treatments (RM600), to affordable facials and one hour long full body massages (RM100).