Shopping Heaven in Bangsar
Although there are three malls in Bangsar, the area still offers more of a neighbourhood shopping experience. Midvalley, on the other hand, is all about mall shopping and attracts the masses, especially during weekends.
* Bangsar Shopping Centre, Jalan Maarof – Better known as BSC, this mini shopping centre is a favourite among expats and the locals staying around the Bangsar & Damansara Heights neighbourhood. Plenty of cafes & restaurants – a good spot to meet up with friends. BSC also features speciality stores plus the Cold Storage Supermarket.
* Bangsar Village, Jalan Ara – This is another favourite with those staying around Bangsar & Damansara Heights neighbourhood. Bangsar Village 2 is linked to the original Bangsar Village by a covered pedestrian bridge.
* Lee Meng Optical – 8, Jalan Telawi 4, Bangsar Baru. Phone: +60322825626 An optical retail outlet specializing in high quality eyewear, sunglasses and accessories. Open on Mon – Fri 10.00am-8.00pm, Sat 10.00am – 7.30pm and Sun 11.00am – 5.00pm .
* Mid Valley Megamall – This really is “mega” with over 430 shops crammed into what claims to be one of South-East Asia’s largest shopping malls. Anchor tenants include big department stores and hypermarkets such as Malaysian arm of AEON Japan called Jusco, local store Metrojaya and French hypermarket Carrefour. If you need to change money, the lower ground floor has several money changers. The Megamall is connected to the upmarket The Gardens at Mid Valley. (KTM Komuter: Mid-Valley)
* The Gardens at Mid Valley – This mall is anchored by a high-end shopping gallery (anchor tenants include Isetan, Robinson’s and Market Place), two landmark office towers, five-star Gardens Residences and five-star Gardens Hotel. The mall will be linked to the Abdullah Hukum LRT station in 2008 giving additional access option to shoppers. (KTM Komuter: Mid-Valley)