1Malaysia Food in Bangsar
Bangsar has been a restaurant district for quite some time, thanks to the high expatriate numbers. Midvalley with its malls also offer an amazing array of food choices.
* Ipoh Old Town, 8, Lorong Ara Kiri 2, Lucky Garden, Bangsar. Tel: +60-3-20946818 – Located in the quieter part of Bangsar, Ipoh Old Town offers a good range of Chinese food, especially the old favourites of Ipoh, like Ipoh hor fun and chicken and beansprouts. A variety of dishes are also available. They also have a small branch in the foodcourt of Bangsar Shopping Centre, Jalan Maarof, Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar.
* Anjappar, 56, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru – Part of a worldwide chain headquartered in Chennai, India, Anjappar offers some of the best Chettinad food. It’s generous with spices, which makes the food so tasty.
* Anna Lakshmi, 44-46 Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru, Tel: +60-3-2823799, and Ground Floor Boulevard, MidValley, Tel: +60-3-22823799 -Good places for authentic North and South Indian food. It’s run by a social service organization and there is no fixed price for food you eat. You can eat as much as you want and pay as much as you want. But definitely the organization expects you to pay a decent amount as donation for charity. RM10 for a full meal per person can be sufficient.
* La Bodega, 18 Jalan Telawi 2; and Ground Floor, Bangsar Shopping Complex, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar – Excellent Spanish tapas at reasonable prices, on average RM18/36 for small/large portions. Indoor and outdoor seating, get in by 8 PM for happy hour pricing on sangria.
Bangsar has long been one of the busiest places in KL past midnight and the action is around centred on Jalan Telawi and its side streets. Midvalley has a few pubs and coffee places.
* RonnieQ’s, 32 Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru – A traditional Bangsar establishment, head here if you want to drink in the surroundings of a nice English pub. It also offers pub food and has a big TV projector, not so much for football but rugby.
* Finnegan’s 6 Jalan Telawi 5, Bangsar Baru – Noisy and fun Irish pub. It also has an outlet at Midvalley at Lot No. G(E)-003, Midvalley Megamall, The Boulevard, Lingkaran Syed Putra.
* Alexis, 29 Jalan Telawi 3 – One of the more laid-back places in Bangsar, furnished in cool white with soft jazz playing in the background. Offer simple but tasty eats (pastas, sandwiches, nasi lemak), a good selection of coffee and a full bar.